Quartz countertops are the most popular in the family of engineered stone. Quartz countertops offer both jaw-dropping beauty and the highest level of durability and customization among countertop choices while also being the easiest to maintain.
We Have a Wide Variety of Quartz Countertop Options
How to Know Quartz is the Right Choice for You
Quartz countertops are fast becoming the preferred choice for countertops. You’ll find that Quartz is the perfect countertop material for you if you’re looking for the highest level of durability and style options for your kitchen.
Here are some more of the benefits of Quartz in more detail to help you make your choice.
High Durability & Easy to Maintain
Quartz is one of the hardest materials on earth. This results in a countertop that is scratch resistant and less likely to crack or chip.
Quartz countertops are also non-porous which means that they don’t allow bacteria, germs, and stains in. This eliminates the need to repeatedly seal your countertops like you would if you chose a natural stone option like granite. All you’ll need is soap and water to maintain your countertops.
Endless Colors & Patterns
Engineered Quartz is typically around 94% Quartz and the remaining 6% is comprised of polyester resins and pigments. The resins and pigments help to define the countertops color and enhance it’s durability.
Engineered Quartz countertops have also grown in popularity because of their ability to remain consistent across the entire surface and because they provide a richer range of colors as a result of extra control that fabricators have when engineering the stone.
Important Things to Consider
While Quartz countertops are great with impact and scratches, they do have a weakness when it comes to extreme heat. This can cause cracks and compromise your countertop when it’s exposed to high temperatures so hot pads other forms of heat protection are important.
Quartz is also limited to interior applications because of heat and other weather-related factors. So, you’ll have to go with granite or other forms of engineered or eco stone for your patio or grill countertops.